Paramedics treat person for smoke inhalation after Great Cornard kitchen blaze

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze. Library image.

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze. Library image. - Credit: Sarah Lucy brown

Firefighters have tackled a kitchen fire in Great Cornard this evening.

Crews from Sudbury and Long Melford were called to the house in Maldon Court at 5.47pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze by 6.52pm.

The property was ventilated and one householder treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus