Parents’ desperate plea to missing Suffolk teenager Alice Brindley – “Please come home safe – we love you”
- Credit: Archant
Parents of a missing 13-year-old girl from Ixworth Thorpe, who attends the Finborough School in Stowmarket, have pleaded with her to come home.
Paul Brindley said his teenage daughter Alice Brindley was in Cambridge yesterday (March 19) with two friends but then rather than catching the train home she got on one to Islington.
She had known the two friends for years, as had her parents, but Mr Brindley said each friend was under the impression Alice was travelling home with the other.
“She didn’t get on either train,” he said. “The last thing we heard at 9pm was that she was in the Islington area of London and was using payphones.”
She had been supposed to catch the train back home at around 6pm but was last seen at 6.30pm at the station.
You may also want to watch:
She is believed to have caught the train to King’s Cross railway station and then headed to Islington.
“It is also possible that Alice may be making her way towards the Walthamstow area,” said police.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
Prior to attending Finborough School, Alice went to The Leys School, in Cambridge.
He said his daughter had never done this before in the past.
Asked what message he would like Alice to hear from himself and wife Sarah, Mr Brindley said: “Please please come home safe, we love you.”
He also provided a picture that was taken yesterday morning, showing Alice just hours before she left for London.
Alice is described as white, 5ft 2in tall, of slim build with short shaved hair, although she is believed to be wearing a wig. A previous description by police said she had collar-length red hair.
She was wearing a grey hooded jumper underneath a dark-coloured Ralph Lauren padded jacket, black skinny jeans, black trainers and carrying a black leather rucksack with gold-coloured zips.
Police officers say they are concerned for the teenager’s welfare and are asking anyone who may have seen Alice or has any information about her whereabouts to contact the duty sergeant at Bury Edmunds police station on 101.