Parham: Flames engulf 250 hay bales at farm
FIREFIGHTERS have been tackling a fire which engulfed hundreds of hay bales since last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze in a field at Moat Hall Farm in Hall Road, Parham, just before 11.10pm.
Four appliances were sent to the scene and found around 250 hay bales well alight, being fanned by strong winds into neighbouring woodland.
Crew worked with two jets supplemented from the water carrier.
The farmer helped crews by creating a fire break in the next field to prevent the flames travelling any further while firefighters pulled apart the straw bales and dampened down the scene.
You may also want to watch:
One appliance remains at the farm this morning damping down the bales as a number of hotspots have been identified.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop