Park named as region's best
COLCHESTER's Castle Park has been named as the best in the region.It won the award of the best in the eastern region in the 2006 Britain's best parks competition.
COLCHESTER's Castle Park has been named as the best in the region.
It won the award of the best in the eastern region in the 2006 Britain's best parks competition.
Judges reviewed the entrants on criteria such as the environment, access, maintenance and community involvement.
Castle Park's “excellent” disabled access and “high standards of horticulture” scored highly.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Baalham , parks and recreation officer for Colchester Borough Council said: “This is fantastic news.
“To win this award on top of our green flag award is great news not only for all the staff involved but for the people of Colchester as well.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
“It is a testament to the commitment of the team here and the support we receive from the local community and the friends of Castle Park.”
And Ian Small, of competition sponsor Briggs & Stratton, said: “It is clear that everyone involved in Castle Park works hard to make it a safe and welcoming place, especially the dedicated team of gardeners, park rangers and security guards.
“The park is clearly loved by both locals and visitors alike.”