Allow more time to park at Colchester Hospital this weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Patients and visitors to Colchester Hospital this weekend should allow extra time to park.
Resurfacing works to improve some of the car parks on the site start on Friday at 5pm and will be completed on Sunday.
The work will lead to a slight reduction in the number of parking spaces available in the first section of the main visitor car park.
The North Lodge entrance and Primary Care Centre entrances will be closed overnight on Friday from 10am until 6am Saturday but if you need to get to the PCC, the emergency vehicle access off Turner Road will be open.
David Cohen, capital project manager at Colchester Hospital, said: “We apologise in advance and thank you for your patience, but we hope the long term benefits of making the car parks better will make a difference to people coming to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope by doing the work over the weekend, rather than at a peak time, we can keep disruption to a minimum.”
Blue Badge spaces will be unaffected during daytime hours.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside