Partially sighted man loses glasses in car park assault in Hatfield Peverel
- Credit: citizenside.com
A partially sighted man lost his glasses after he was assaulted by two men in a Hatfield Peverel car park.
The victim, 32 and from the village, was walking through the car park behind the shops and doctors’ surgery in Hadfelda Square at 11.05pm on Friday December 19.
He was approached by the two men and, fearing they were going to hurt him, tried to push one of them away.
The victim was then hit in the face, causing him to fall to the floor and his glasses to fall off, before the suspects left the scene.
PC Danielle Twaites, investigating officer, said: “The victim lost his glasses and suffered two black eyes as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“I would ask for anyone with any information about the assault or if they witnessed it to contact me.
“The suspects are described as white men in their late 20s. They are both of medium build and around 5ft 8ins tall.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Anybody with information should contact PC Twaites at Chelmsford police station on 101.
People can also give information via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.