Couple cook lockdown meals for others and raise money for charity
- Credit: Chrystelle Napolitano
A Sudbury couple who usually hold big garden parties have been cooking meals for others during the third national lockdown - and helping to raise money for charity in the process.
Pasquale and Chrystelle Napolitano began the new cooking project with their neighbours to help each other and give back during the coronavirus crisis.
Mr Napolitano’s professional background in catering means the pair can create a weekly changing menu, with donations supporting charities like the British Heart Foundation and others.
It started out with 14 dishes in January and has now doubled to about 28 dishes, as more friends want to get involved in the weekend project.
“We take great pleasure in seeing other people enjoying things.”, said Mr Napolitano.
You may also want to watch:
“When things were normal, we used to have big garden parties with everyone having fun.
"We miss that enormously. But now I am thinking of what menu I am putting together, we’re tasting it, we’re designing. I love it so much."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
The pair hope to inspire others to organise similar projects and raise money for charities.