Couple cook lockdown meals for others and raise money for charity
- Credit: Chrystelle Napolitano
A Sudbury couple who usually hold big garden parties have been cooking meals for others during the third national lockdown - and helping to raise money for charity in the process.
Pasquale and Chrystelle Napolitano began the new cooking project with their neighbours to help each other and give back during the coronavirus crisis.
Mr Napolitano’s professional background in catering means the pair can create a weekly changing menu, with donations supporting charities like the British Heart Foundation and others.
It started out with 14 dishes in January and has now doubled to about 28 dishes, as more friends want to get involved in the weekend project.
“We take great pleasure in seeing other people enjoying things.”, said Mr Napolitano.
You may also want to watch:
“When things were normal, we used to have big garden parties with everyone having fun.
"We miss that enormously. But now I am thinking of what menu I am putting together, we’re tasting it, we’re designing. I love it so much."
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 3 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 4 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 win at Hull City
- 6 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 7 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 8 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 9 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 10 Town high street reopened after car crashes into building
The pair hope to inspire others to organise similar projects and raise money for charities.