Points failure causes delays on the rails
Rail passengers are facing disruption this morning due to a points failure between Colchester and Manningtree.
According to Greater Anglia, services may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
Among the services cancelled are the 6.48am service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street and the 7.30am and 9am services from London Liverpool Street to Norwich.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "Due to a points failure between Colchester and Manningtree, trains departing from Colchester/Norwich/Ipswich/Harwich Town for Liverpool Street and services heading towards Norwich/Ipswich and Harwich Town are being disrupted.
"Due to a points failure, we are unable to run normally between Colchester and Manningtree in both directions.
"Network Rail are at the affected site and are working to rectify the issue so we can run trains normally.
"The lines have been temporarily blocked between Colchester and Manningtree so the faulty points can be fixed.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
"This will result in service alterations and cancellations.
"An update will be provided as soon as possible."
For more information see here.