Points failure causes delays on the rails
Rail passengers are facing disruption this morning due to a points failure between Colchester and Manningtree.
According to Greater Anglia, services may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
Among the services cancelled are the 6.48am service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street and the 7.30am and 9am services from London Liverpool Street to Norwich.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "Due to a points failure between Colchester and Manningtree, trains departing from Colchester/Norwich/Ipswich/Harwich Town for Liverpool Street and services heading towards Norwich/Ipswich and Harwich Town are being disrupted.
"Due to a points failure, we are unable to run normally between Colchester and Manningtree in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
"Network Rail are at the affected site and are working to rectify the issue so we can run trains normally.
"The lines have been temporarily blocked between Colchester and Manningtree so the faulty points can be fixed.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
"This will result in service alterations and cancellations.
"An update will be provided as soon as possible."
For more information see here.