Passer by spots town centre salon fire

AN overheated water tank was to blame for a fire at a hairdresser in Ipswich.

Smoke was spotted coming from the Tony and Guy salon, in The Buttermarket, at around 8.40pm last night.

Firefighters from Princes Street station and Colchester Road headquarters arrived to find the source of the smoke was a small fire in a basement water tank.

Crews allowed the salon to ventilate naturally and the building was clear of smoke by 9.40pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus