Take a look at these amazing paintings of Suffolk
- Credit: Mark Turnbull
A talented man from Alpheton has sent in his incredible paintings of Suffolk.
A Suffolk man has sent his incredible paintings of Sudbury.
Mark Turnbull, who is 46, takes pictures around Suffolk and then recreates them as pastel paintings.
He said: “I’ve been painting for four years now and am now a full-time portrait commission artist. I’ve completed 150 portrait commissions in that time.
“I take a break from it in the summer to build up my portfolio of landscape paintings. My intention is to become known for both my photography, and my landscape paintings. In fact I’m hoping my name will become synonymous with the Suffolk countryside.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the hills around the Stour valley, from Henny to Clare. I’m always driving around there trying to capture the perfect shot to use for paintings.”
The three landscapes included in this piece are Buttercup Meadows in Sudbury, the hills of Cavendish and Friars Meadow in Sudbury.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
You can see the Buttercup Meadows and the hills of Cavendish for yourself this weekend as they are being displayed at the Tendring Show.
The pastel painting of Friars Meadow was sold to a private buyer for an impressive £1,000 but Mark donated £700 of that to The Eden Coppice Trust.
This isn’t the first time we have featured Mark’s work online, take a look at his mesmerising drone picture here.