Patient killed in crash outside hospital
A PATIENT was killed in an apparent hit-and-run collision outside a hospital this morning.
A PATIENT was killed in an apparent hit-and-run collision outside an Essex Hospital this morning.
The man, wearing a white gown, was on foot after leaving the accident and emergency department of Colchester General Hospital in Turner Road.
He was in collision with a car - whose driver failed to stop at the scene - at around 4.30am.
Both traffic officers and detectives are currently investigating the incident.
Anybody who saw the incident or who has any information regarding it is asked to call police at Stanway Traffic Unit on 01206 762512.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley