Peasenhall: Pea-fest set for a triumphant return
- Credit: Archant
Pea-podding, pea-themed fancy dress, pea-green cuisine - it can only signal the return of Peasenhall Pea Festival.
The seventh annual pea-fest is on Sunday, July 20, at the Assembly Hall in Peasenhall, near Framlingham.
The fun starts at 11am with a children’s pea-themed fancy dress parade, followed by music, games, activities, and local pea produce, until 4.30pm, with the World Pea Podding Championship at 2pm.
New for 2014 is the Leaning Tower of Peasa, which will challenge people to build a tower using peas and cocktail sticks, while, the Pea Hopper Championships will see competitors ride a green space hopper round a course. Heats are in the morning with the finals after lunch.
There will also be pea pesto and pea and lime hummus on offer from Purely Pesto.
You may also want to watch:
The event is supported by the Yes Peas! campaign. Proceeds go to the Assembly Hall, with a share going towards the Friends of Peasenhall School.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting