All aboard! Delight as new bus service starts in village
- Credit: Archant
Peasenhall residents have welcomed the introduction of a new bus route that connects the village with several towns in east Suffolk.
The new 522 BorderBus service, which will connect Peasenhall with the likes of Saxmundham, Aldeburgh and Leiston, first arrived in the village on Tuesday morning.
Villagers had been keen to see a new bus route introduced for some time, with BorderBus putting plans in place for the service over the coronavirus lockdown.
It will initally only be operating from Monday to Friday, BorderBus has confirmed.
Stephen Pewsey, chairman of Peasenhall Parish Council, welcomed the bus with a banner alongside fellow councillor Peter Dance.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pewsey added: “We’re absolutely delighted. People in Peasenhall can now access services like doctors’ surgeries in all the other towns.
“This has been a long time coming, but I hope people use it or we might lose it.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?
“It is also a greener option for when we come out of lockdown.”