Pedersen OUT of Latvian Grand Prix
Nicki Pedersen will not ride in the FIM Latvian Grand Prix at Daugavpils this weekend.The World Champion has withdrawn after undergoing skin graft surgery on burns to his left leg sustained in the World Cup.
Nicki Pedersen will not ride in the FIM Latvian Grand Prix at Daugavpils this weekend.
The World Champion has withdrawn after undergoing skin graft surgery on burns to his left leg sustained in the World Cup.
He will be replaced at Daugavpils by fellow Dane Niels-Kristian Iversen.
Pedersen had the operation last Monday, and the bandages came off this weekend. He has decided not to risk riding again so soon after the skin grafts and will sit out the Latvian round with a view to returning to the GP series at Malilla on August 15.
You may also want to watch:
Pedersen, who trails current leader Jason Crump by 46 points, said: "The wounds need to be completely healed before I get back on the bike, otherwise I could risk having problems for the rest of the season."
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune