Pedestrian involved in collision with Transit van in Beccles named as 75-year-old Barbara Smith
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman who died she was involved in a collision with a van last week has been named.
Barbara Smith, who was 75-years-old, died after the incident with a Ford Transit van in Newgate, Beccles.
Mrs Smith, from Station Road, was a pedestrian when the crash took place at 1.25pm on Friday (November 6).
A number of people began attempts to resuscitate her before emergency services arrived.
Paramedics continued this but she was pronounced dead a short time later.
The driver of the van was uninjured and the road was closed while police investigated the incident.
Officers are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen what happened to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD number 200 of Friday, November 6.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 9 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 10 McKenna considering changes for Accrington visit