Pedestrian struck by car has died
A YOUNG man who was in collision with a car has died from his injuries.
Stuart Argent, who was on foot, was in collision with a silver Volkswagen Polo on the A120 at Coggeshall, close to its junction with Tey Road.
The 25-year-old, who lived in Coggeshall, suffered serious head injuries and was taken by the Essex Air Ambulance to The Royal London Hospital following Friday’s accident, which happened just before 5pm.
Essex Police confirmed that Mr Argent, of Myneer Park, had died from his injuries yesterday.
Two people from the Volkswagen were also treated by ambulance staff and taken to Colchester General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Last night Mr Argent’s friend Lee Coe paid tribute.
He said: “Stuart liked his beer and he loved his wrestling. He was a happy person and he was kind. He was my best mate and I miss him already.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
And Mr Argent’s shocked friends have been paying tribute to him on social networking website Facebook.
Gemma Howling wrote: “You were so special, everybody who knew you loved you and we will all miss you forever.”
And friend Kim Cushing added: “RIP Stuart Argent, your going to be missed so much!
“You are always in my heart and everyone elses we all love you x x x.”
The A120 was closed for several hours as emergency services dealt with the accident with the rush-hour traffic diverted.
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the collision, or who saw Mr Argent in the time leading up to it, to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact the Dunmow road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.