Pedestrian struck by car has died
A YOUNG man who was in collision with a car has died from his injuries, it emerged today.
Stuart Argent was struck by a silver Volkswagen Polo on the A120 at Coggeshall near to its junction with Tey Road.
The 25-year-old, who lived in Coggeshall, was taken by air ambulance to hospital following Friday’s accident which happened at about 5pm.
Essex Police confirmed that Mr Argent, of Myneer Park, had sadly died from his injuries today at the Royal London Hospital.
The A120 was closed for several hours while emergency services dealt with the accident as traffic was diverted on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the collision, or who saw Mr Argent in the time leading up to it, to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact the Dunmow road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge