Pensioner arrested for attempted murder
A 66-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after an attack in Felixstowe.
A 73-year-old man sustained serious injuries in an incident at a property in Exmoor Road around 6.20pm on Saturday.
Police were initially called to reports of a disturbance at the address and reports that a man had been struck with a spade.
Officers attended and found the 73-year-old man with multiple stab wounds to his neck, legs and body and head injuries.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he is today undergoing surgery for his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The 66-year-old man was detained at the scene and is currently in custody at Ipswich Police Station.
Anyone who was in the Exmoor Road area around 6pm - 6.30pm is asked to call Felixstowe CID on 01473 613500 if they saw anything that may help enquiries into the incident.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close