Pensioner faces jail after being caught with thousands of indecent images of children
A Hadleigh pensioner faces jail after being caught with thousands of indecent images of children and breaching a court order.
John Hall, 78, of Ann Beaumont Way, Hadleigh, who is already on the sex offenders’ register, was caught with more than 2,000 images of the most serious kind – category A – on a home computer.
Magistrates in Ipswich heard that Hall also had 69 category A videos in his possession as well as a number of category B and category C images.
Lucy Miller, prosecuting, said public protection officers visited Hall’s home on June 11, 2019, and asked to see his devices.
Hall allowed them access to a tower computer and after a quick search, the computer and two hard drives were seized by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Hall appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent photographs of children and two charges of breaching a sexual harm prevention order.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and sent the case to Ipswich Crown Court.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Hall was released on unconditional bail ahead of his appearance at the crown court for sentence at a date to be fixed.