Pensioner injured in bus crash
AN ELDERLY lady has been injured this morning after a bus and car collided in an Ipswich street.
The accident happened at around 11am in Woodbridge Road, near to Motor Mania and the junction with Reading Road.
The 68-year-old woman was a passenger on the bus and is thought to have suffered injuries to her elbow as well as suffering a headache.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said her injuries are not thought to be serious. Paramedics are currently assessing her and the spokeswoman said it is unlikely she will need to go to hospital.
Police officers were called to the scene by paramedics and a spokesman for the force said a car and bus collided.
You may also want to watch:
He said at this stage it is unknown if the road is blocked.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water