Pensioner's death suspicious
DETECTIVES are treating as suspicious the death of an elderly woman found in her home, police said tonight.The 82-year-old was discovered suffering from what are believed to be head injuries at Westbury Drive, in Brentwood, Essex, yesterday morning.
DETECTIVES are treating as suspicious the death of an elderly woman found in her home, police said tonight.
The 82-year-old was discovered suffering from what are believed to be head injuries at Westbury Drive, in Brentwood, Essex, yesterday morning.
A police spokesman said: "The woman had apparently suffered head injuries and was found by a carer making a routine visit to the house.
"Her death is being treated as suspicious."
You may also want to watch:
Forensic officers are searching the two storey house in a cul-de-sac close to the town centre.
Police have not released the woman's identity.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
Police are appealing for information from witnesses who may have seen saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area yesterday or this morning.