Pensioner severely burnt in carpet fire

A PENSIONER was badly hurt when a heater set light to the carpet and floorboards in his home.

A PENSIONER was badly hurt when a heater set light to the carpet and floorboards in his home.

The man, from Pottery Lane, Chelmsford, is believed to have suffered 18% burns to his legs.

Fire crews from the town attended around 12.30pm today but when they arrived the blaze was already out.

They helped the man out of the property and left him in the care of the ambulance service just after 1pm.

It is believed he was taken to Chelmsford's Broomfield Hospital.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter