Jailed in Suffolk and north Essex in August: A karaoke thug, a drug dealer and a serial burglar
- Credit: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
Take a look at some of the criminals that were put behind bars in Suffolk and north Essex courts in August.
A serial burglar who tied up two of his victims was jailed for 12 years.
Conor Ashton, 23, of Purcell Close in Colchester modelled himself on 1980s American serial killer Richard Ramirez and wore a balaclava, black gloves and used cable ties. Most of Ashton’s victims were not home but on the last two occasions he broke into the homes of two women while they were asleep. He was armed with a knife, and tied the women up with cables ties and demanded their bank cards.
Two men who tried to smuggle four Afghani nationals into the UK were jailed for three years each.
Gheorghe Virlan, 23, and Darius Flavius Stanis, 24, both Romanian nationals of no fixed UK address, were caught hiding two adults, a 15-year-old and a two-year-old in a special constructed van. They were caught by border force at Harwich after arriving from Holland.
Two blackmailers were jailed for a combined total of seven years after they threatened a teenager and his family over a £3,000 drug debt.
James Tibbenham, 29, of Pembroke Avenue, Woodbridge, and Edward Van Bishop, 27, of Little Horsey Park, Campsea Ashe, Wickham Market, made threatening phone calls, came to the victims house demanding money, and threatened the family with violence.
A karaoke night thug was jailed for nine months after he skipped bail and assaulted people.
Joshua Sergeant, 23, of Bellfield Avenue in Brightlingsea assaulted a number of people, made threats, and damaged a car during a karaoke evening.
Three London drug dealers who ran a drug business from the home of a vulnerable Ipswich woman have been jailed for a total of more than 11 years.
Miles Barrett, 29, of no fixed address, Daniel Sang, 29, of Burtwell Lane in London, and Darrale Sang, 22, of Fir Tree Gardens, Croydon, were found with thousands of pounds worth of drugs including heroin and crack cocaine. Police found the three men at a vulnerable woman’s home in Ipswich selling drugs this practice was described as ‘cuckooing.’
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons