Person dies during train strike at Shenfield train station
- Credit: Archant
Rail services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich are disrupted after a person was killed on the track today.
Emergency services were called to Shenfield station shortly before 10.30am to reports that a person had been struck by a train.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) and paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service attended but the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers are working to identify the person and inform their family.
“This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
As a result of this incident, all lines passing through Shenfield are blocked.
This is affecting services to and from London Liverpool Street and Norwich, Ipswich, Clacton and Braintree.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
Trains may be cancelled or delayed by up to 90 minutes, according to Greater Anglia.
Disruption is expected until 1pm.