Person rescued by firefighters
SOMEONE had to be rescued by firefighters following a blaze at a residential care premises.
The fire broke out in Chapel Lane, Botesdale, near Diss, around 9.45pm last night.
Initially one crew from Diss and another from Eye attended but when they arrived they asked for help and more appliances from Diss and Ixworth were called into action.
One wing of the care premises was heavily smoke logged and one person had to be rescued by the fire service while another two people were led to safety.
The East of England Ambulance Service also attended and treated one person.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wore four breathing apparatus and used two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze just after 10.45pm.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 7 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child