Person taken to hospital after Newmarket house fire where dog was rescued

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended a house fire in Newmarket.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended a house fire in Newmarket. - Credit: Archant

A person and a dog have been rescued by firefighters from a house blaze tonight.

Two fire crews were sent to a property in Parkers Walk, Newmarket at 6.45pm and on arrival found the kitchen “well alight”.

One person was rescued from the property and taken to hospital by ambulance due to smoke inhalation.

A dog was also rescued.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze by 7.35pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus