Person trapped after accident on Bury Road
A MAN has died in a collision between a car and a motorcycle which left a person trapped in a vehicle.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the accident on the A143 Bury Road near Stanton at just before 6.55pm today.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that the motorcylist had been declared dead when officers arrived on the busy Suffolk Road.
“When police arrived the motorcyclist was sadly pronounced dead – we believe the man is from Norwich.”
Fire crews from Elmswell and Ickworth and a firefighter from Bury St Edmunds were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed and it is not yet known when it will reopen.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 8 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action