Pets rescued by firefighters from house blaze in Essex

Firefighters called to home following suspected gas leak

Firefighters called to home following suspected gas leak - Credit: Archant

A cat and a dog were saved from a burning house in mid-Essex today.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a home in North Street, Southminster, at 12.39pm.

Crews from Tillingham and Burnham were called to the blaze, and firefighters rescued the pets from the house.

The fire was extinguished by 1.11pm but remained at the scene damping down for some time afterwards.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus