Peugeot Stargazer motorhome crashes into tree on A12 at Stratford St Mary
A mobile home has crashed into a tree on the A12 southbound at Stratford St Mary causing traffic delays in the area.
Police were called to the scene close to junction 30 at around 1.35pm today, Friday, August 25.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a Peugeot Stargazer mobile home had come off the road and hit a tree but there were no serious injuries reported.
She said: “It looks like one lane of the A12 southbound has been closed to allow for recovery.
“The fire service may also have been called as there were suggestions the occupants of the vehicle required assistance.”
An ambulance spokeswoman added: “The East of England Ambulance Service Trust was called to a road traffic collision on the A12 near Colchester at 1.34pm.
“An ambulance attended and treated a man with minor injuries.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said a fire crew had been called to the incident, but were quickly stood down.
According to the AA there are traffic delays in the area as a result of the lane closure.