Phenomenal 2017 sees Suffolk’s Ed Sheeran nominated for four Brit Awards
- Credit: PA
Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran has been nominated for four ‘gongs’ in the coveted Brit Awards next month.
Ed Sheeran’s record-breaking third album Divide has been nominated for the Brits album of the year prize.
The singer-songwriter, who hails from Framlingham and went to Thomas Mills High School, will compete with a quartet of debut albums including Stormzy’s Gang Signs And Prayer and Rag’N’Bone Man’s Human.
Dua Lipa’s eponymous debut release and afrobeats rapper J Hus’s Common Sense are also up for the prestigious prize which was won posthumously by David Bowie at last year’s ceremony.
Ed is also up for best single of the year and best British video of the year with Shape of You, as well as best British male solo artist alongside four artists who released their debut solo albums in 2017 - Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, Loyle Carner and Rag’N’Bone Man.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on his four nominations, Ed wrote on Instagram: “Thanks for all my Brit award nominations, and well done to all the other nominees. All very exciting, see you at the ceremony.”
The Brit Awards will take place on February 21 at London’s O2 Arena.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found