Days gone By: Are you in our gallery from Framlingham Gala in 1986?
- Credit: IVAN SMITH
Do you remember all the fun of Framlingham Gala in years gone by?
Today we are looking back to the 1986 event - with photos showing floats, a marching band and the Gala Queen with her princesses.
There were some great costumes on show, with a pirate theme proving popular. Majorettes also took part, and our photos show some of their entertaining displays.
As well as the colourful procession, as usual there was plenty of entertainment on the Castle Meadow.
MORE: Rolling back the years to Framlingham Gala in the 1960s and 70s Framlingham Gala has been one of East Suffolk’s most popular events for more than 100 years, though sadly this May’s event had to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
However, organisers are looking forward to the three-day spectacular returning bigger and better than ever next year.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Framlingham Gala? Email firstname.lastname@example.org To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved