Days gone By: Are you in our gallery from Framlingham Gala in 1986?
- Credit: IVAN SMITH
Do you remember all the fun of Framlingham Gala in years gone by?
Today we are looking back to the 1986 event - with photos showing floats, a marching band and the Gala Queen with her princesses.
There were some great costumes on show, with a pirate theme proving popular. Majorettes also took part, and our photos show some of their entertaining displays.
As well as the colourful procession, as usual there was plenty of entertainment on the Castle Meadow.
MORE: Rolling back the years to Framlingham Gala in the 1960s and 70s Framlingham Gala has been one of East Suffolk’s most popular events for more than 100 years, though sadly this May’s event had to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
However, organisers are looking forward to the three-day spectacular returning bigger and better than ever next year.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Framlingham Gala? Email email@example.com To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season