Photography competition launched by Arc shopping centre to find winter-inspired shots of Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds shopping centre today launched a photography competition which will support a hospital charity in the town.
The Arc shopping centre relaunched its #ProudToBeFromBury campaign following the success of last summer’s competition, and is hoping to find some winter-inspired photos that represent Bury St Edmunds.
People are invited to snap away and post their favourite places, views, shops, restaurants and events in the town to the Arc’s Facebook and Instagram pages for the chance to win a prize bundle worth £120.
Entries need to be submitted by February 28 and then people will have the chance to vote for their favourite image.
The hashtag #proudtobefrombury must be used when entering the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The Arc will donate £1 for every entry to the My WiSH charity, which supports West Suffolk Hospital, to a maximum of £100.
Colin Roberts, Arc shopping centre manager, said: “Our new winter version of the competition will allow the local people to really show us what they love about Bury St Edmunds again.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
“With arc now an important part of the whole Bury St Edmunds shopping and dining experience, we want to find out what people love and give a little something back to the community by supporting My WiSH too.”