Marathon efforts - Are you among the runners featured in Days Gone By?
Have you ever taken on the challenge of running a marathon?
Many thousands of runners around East Anglia have completed a marathon or half-marathon - with some taking part in many events.
Today we are looking back at some of their efforts, including events held in the 1980s, 90s and 2000s.
MORE: Did you take part in these fun runs around Suffolk?Marathon and half-marathon locations over the years have included Ipswich, Felixstowe, Chedburgh, Aldeburgh, Mildenhall and many more.
Many runners spend months training for their big day and gradually building up.
MORE: Runners complete this year’s virtual London marathonSadly this year those preparing for the London Marathon could not take to the streets of the capitaldue to coronavirus restrictions. But,undeterred, many instead took part in a virtual London marathon nearer home in Suffolk.
Share your marathon memories. Email email@example.com or write to Judy Rimmer, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 1RS.
You may also want to watch:
Order photos at archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house