Marathon efforts - Are you among the runners featured in Days Gone By?
Have you ever taken on the challenge of running a marathon?
Many thousands of runners around East Anglia have completed a marathon or half-marathon - with some taking part in many events.
Today we are looking back at some of their efforts, including events held in the 1980s, 90s and 2000s.
MORE: Did you take part in these fun runs around Suffolk?Marathon and half-marathon locations over the years have included Ipswich, Felixstowe, Chedburgh, Aldeburgh, Mildenhall and many more.
Many runners spend months training for their big day and gradually building up.
MORE: Runners complete this year’s virtual London marathonSadly this year those preparing for the London Marathon could not take to the streets of the capitaldue to coronavirus restrictions. But,undeterred, many instead took part in a virtual London marathon nearer home in Suffolk.
Share your marathon memories. Email email@example.com or write to Judy Rimmer, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 1RS.
Order photos at archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk road closed 'for some time' after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk