See Suffolk’s lockdown lights this Christmas
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN/CHARLOTTE BOND
With the country in lockdown and all traditional switch-on events cancelled, here is a gallery of Suffolk’s Christmas lights as we edge closer to the big day.
Our photographers have been out and about capturing the lit-up streets of Aldeburgh, Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Ipswich and Woodbridge to bring the Christmas lights to you this year.
Normally, thousands of people would head out to watch the annual switch-ons and kick start the festive season towards the end of November, but sadly, social distancing restrictions mean all events have been cancelled.
Many towns have been hosting live virtual switch-on events for 2020, creating videos which have been shared to residents online – but if you haven’t had a chance to see them yet, now you can.
Check out the pictures below and let us know in the comments which are your favourites.
MORE: Family decorates home with more than 3,000 Christmas lightsStowmarket, Hadleigh and Sudbury are yet to switch on their lights, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks to see their festive displays.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, many families have been getting in the festive spirit earlier this year, following a difficult few months.
One family in Trimley St Mary has covered their home in 3,000 LEDS raising money for BASIC Life charity in Felixstowe, while others have been putting their trees up a few weeks early to lift their spirits.
MORE: Christmas comes early - have you already put up decorations in lockdown?Let us know how you have been getting in the Christmas spirit this year in the comments below.
- 1 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 4 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 5 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 6 Temporary mortuary to open as virus deaths continue to increase
- 7 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 8 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 9 'That league will be like a walk in the park for him' - Fans react to Town signing midfielder Harrop
- 10 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why