See pictures from St Helena Hospice’s Pier to Pier walk in Essex
- Credit: ZACH WHITTER
More than 1,000 people took on an epic seaside stroll under the blazing sunshine in support of an Essex charity.
The Pier to Pier walk between Clacton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze raised an enormous £60,000 for St Helena Hospice today.
Participants completed a sponsored seven or 14-mile trek along the coast on what was the warmest weekend of the year so far.
The event is an annual feature in St Helena Hospice’s calendar.
Indi Allen, the charity’s events and challenges manager, thanked all those who took part.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are delighted that once again so many local people came out to support us by taking part in our Pier to Pier walk and what an amazing day to come together to enjoy a seaside stroll.”
St Helena Hospice relies on donations to bring in the £6.2 million needed a year to run its services for terminally ill people and their families.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday