Pile-up traps woman in overturned car
FIRE crews rescued a woman from her overturned car after a three-vehicle pile on the busy A11 during this morning's rush hour.Traffic faced severe jams as emergency services were called to the scene of the crash near the Elveden crossroads at just after 8am.
FIRE crews rescued a woman from her overturned car after a three-vehicle pile on the busy A11 during this morning's rush hour.
Traffic faced severe jams as emergency services were called to the scene of the crash near the Elveden crossroads at just after 8am.
The trapped woman was freed from her blue Toyota Yaris, which had come to rest on its roof, trapping her inside.
She was taken by ambulance to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, with suspected neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police, said: “All the people involved in the crash were safely got out of their vehicles, and there were only minor injuries.”
As a result of the crash the A11 at Elveden was closed completely while the Yaris, black Suzuki, and black Lexus involved were removed from the road and drivers faced considerable delays.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
At 8.30am police were called to a four-vehicle crash on Westley Lane in Horringer, near Bury. A police spokesman said there were no serious injuries and the road was soon cleared.