Places for Legends charity football match in Bury St Edmunds sells out in 20 minutes
- Credit: Su Anderson
Ipswich Town fans took just 20 minutes to snap up the chance to play against some of their sporting heroes for charity.
West Suffolk Hospital Charity have teamed up with ITFC for a match between former Portman Road legends and a charity XI made up of Blues fans.
The 17 places in the hospital team and four spots alongside the Legends were sold within 20 minutes of going on sale, with £2,500 raised.
The match takes place on Sunday, April 26 at Bury Town’s Ram Meadow ground, in Bury St Edmunds and will raise money for both the hospital’s Forget-Me-Not Dementia Campaign and the Ipswich Town Academy.
In the week leading up to the game an online auction of signed Ipswich Town photos will also take place, with help from the East Anglian Daily Times photographic archive.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Gooderham, the hospital’s fundraising manager, said: “We hoped places for our second ever match against the ITFC Legends would prove popular, but we were blown away by how quickly we sold the places.”
The Legends are expected to include Kieron Dyer, John Wark, Titus Bramble and Russell Osman in their squad.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Tickets for the game, which kicks off at 3pm, will be available on the day priced at £10 adults and £5 for children.