Plans for five new town centre homes
- Credit: Archant
A developer has launched a bid to build five new homes just off the A14 in Stowmarket.
Phil Cobbold Planning Ltd has submitted proposals on behalf of Mr J McLean seeking permission from Mid Suffolk District Council for the small development in land at The Uplands, in Stowupland Road.
A previous planning application to build homes at the site was approved in November 2017, though the developer is seeking to renew that permission.
As the application is for less than the threshold for affordable housing, none of the homes will be classed as such.
In the planning statement, the applicant said the development would help “meet the need for new family homes in the area” and not cause an increase in traffic due to its town centre location.
You may also want to watch:
The planning statement added: “The proposed development will provide economic, social and environmental benefits in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology