Plans to bring teacher training to west Suffolk unveiled
- Credit: Archant
New plans to bring teacher training to the heart of Bury St Edmunds from next year have been announced.
Training for both primary and secondary school education will take place at Abbots Green Primary Academy and King Edward VI School respectively from September 2019.
The teacher training hub will be officially unveiled next week as a result of work led by a collaboration involving the Unity Schools Partnership, The Lark Teaching School Alliance, Cambridge and Suffolk Schools Alliance and the Cambridge Teaching Schools Network.
Andy Samways, from the Unity Schools Partnership, said: “We are delighted to be working in this collaboration to introduce a new teacher training hub to west Suffolk.
“Currently, anyone looking to train as a teacher is required to attend weekly centre-based training in Colchester, Ipswich, Hertford or Norwich while undertaking their local school placement.
You may also want to watch:
“There is such a strength of education in west Suffolk and we think Bury St Edmunds is an ideal venue to host first-class training going forward.”
A free launch and information event will be held on Tuesday, October 16, and will give advice on what opportunities are available and how the training hub can support trainee teachers.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
There will also be short presentations from Lee Walker, headteacher at King Edward VI School, and Lesley Birch, eastern counties lead for the Teaching Schools Council.
The event takes place between 7pm and 8.30pm at King Edward VI School and anyone interested in finding out more can sign-up via www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/teacher-training-in-bury-st-edmunds-tickets-50190686695.