Sudbury tearoom takes steps to become plastic free
- Credit: Archant
TwenTeaOne in Sudbury has transferred to cardboard boxes and paper straws but it’s only the beginning.
Comfy, cosy and inviting, popping into TwenTeaOne Tearoom is more like visiting a favourite friend who happens to make exceedingly good food.
The welcoming little Sudbury tearoom is certainly not spacious, with seven tables and room for 20 people. So everyone gets involved in the conversations, and no-one ever needs to feels alone here.
The café, at 21 North Street – hence the name - is run by chef Keith Wilkinson and business partner Gina Jupp who share a passion for serving freshly made, tasty, homemade cuisine.
“It’s a small cafe, but a big heart awaits everyone who enters,” say Keith and Gina.
You may also want to watch:
They’re embracing an eco friendly way of life in the café too and going plastic free.
“We’ve already transferred to cardboard cake and salad boxes, but also paper straws and we are in the process of changing our takeaway cups to a more biodegradable material,” they add.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
“We know what we do well and we want to do better. That doesn’t mean growing in size, everybody adores the tiny space we provide for our customers, we want to grow in our responsibility,” says Gina.
Try the new summer menu with colourful layered salads, amazing cakes, fruit, cheese and cheese and bacon scones baked daily, and warm sausage rolls fresh from the oven.
If a healthy option is needed, try the light, low fat dishes such as the breakfast granola with blueberries or a gluten free lunch salad with couscous, walnuts and homemade coleslaw.
TwenTeaOne started four years ago and soon become very popular with its warm, friendly service and bright, quirky interior with comfy cushions, and pretty mismatched china.
Breakfast including eggs Benedict and avocado toast with egg, a full English or toasted bakery bread is served all day. Or pick up a toasted sandwich, a baguette, omelette, ploughman’s or baked potato.
A favourite for those with only enough time for a quick treat is a cake and a coffee or hot chocolate topped with cream, marshmallows and Maltesers.
TwenTeaOne, 21 North Street, Sudbury, CO10 1RB, www.facebook.com/Twenteaone.21