Sunshine and showers: A pleasant weekend in store as August comes to a close
- Credit: Archant
Largely sunny spells are predicted for the region over the weekend along with some scattered showers, according to forecasters.
After record-breaking temperatures over the bank holiday, Suffolk and north Essex is expected to see a mainly dry and sunny start on Saturday before becoming cloudy with outbreaks of rain in the afternoon.
The showers will soon clear however and the sun will return. Maximum temperatures should be around the 26C (78F) mark.
It will more sunshine and scattered showers on Sunday, with the risk of some heavy downpours during the evening.
It is expected to feel cooler on Sunday, with highs of 19C (66F).
You may also want to watch:
Looking ahead to next week, Monday will be dry and largely sunny with the mercury at 19C (66F), while Tuesday could see more cloud although it is expected to stay dry.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe