Car crashes into railings at Clacton Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
A man was freed from his car by fire crews after crashing through barriers at Clacton Railway Station.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash, in Skelmersdale Road, at around 12.45pm on Friday, October 19.
According to the East of England Ambulance Service, a man and a girl were taken to Colchester Hospital following the collision.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters were called to assist at the scene of a road traffic collision this afternoon.
“Crews reported on arrival that a car had left the roadway and collided with some railings close to a railway line. “One man was trapped inside the vehicle following the incident.
“No other vehicles were involved.
“Firefighters worked hard to release the man from the vehicle by 1.11pm, before leaving him in the care of the Ambulance Service and making the scene safe.”
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 4 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 5 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 6 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 7 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 8 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 9 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Burton Albion win
Two fire crews from Clacton attended the scene.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “Shortly before 12.45pm today, officers were called to Clacton station after reports a car had collided with railings at Clacton station.
“Officers are making enquiries to understand how the car came to be on the tracks.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service added: “Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer vehicle were called to the Train Station at Skelmersdale Road, Clacton On Sea this afternoon (Oct 19) shortly after 12.30pm, following reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
“A man and a girl were taken to Colchester General Hospital.”