Car crashes into railings at Clacton Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
A man was freed from his car by fire crews after crashing through barriers at Clacton Railway Station.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash, in Skelmersdale Road, at around 12.45pm on Friday, October 19.
According to the East of England Ambulance Service, a man and a girl were taken to Colchester Hospital following the collision.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters were called to assist at the scene of a road traffic collision this afternoon.
“Crews reported on arrival that a car had left the roadway and collided with some railings close to a railway line. “One man was trapped inside the vehicle following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“No other vehicles were involved.
“Firefighters worked hard to release the man from the vehicle by 1.11pm, before leaving him in the care of the Ambulance Service and making the scene safe.”
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
Two fire crews from Clacton attended the scene.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “Shortly before 12.45pm today, officers were called to Clacton station after reports a car had collided with railings at Clacton station.
“Officers are making enquiries to understand how the car came to be on the tracks.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service added: “Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer vehicle were called to the Train Station at Skelmersdale Road, Clacton On Sea this afternoon (Oct 19) shortly after 12.30pm, following reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
“A man and a girl were taken to Colchester General Hospital.”