Man in 20s suffers head injury after being ‘struck by object’
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police want to hear from witnesses after a man in his 20s suffered a head injury following an assault in Haverhill.
Officers were called by paramedics shortly after 6am to reports that a man had been assaulted near a car park in Lower Downs Slade.
A police spokesman said: "The victim - a man in his 20s - is reported to have been struck on the head, potentially by an object.
"He has suffered a minor injury as a result of this incident.
"Officers are conducting enquiries in the local area and will be engaging with the victim."
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, witnesses said the man appeared to have been hit with a hammer.
They also said a number of police cars and ambulances were parked up near the town's library, in nearby Camps Road.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Witnesses to the attack and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 42786/19.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or fill in the charity's online form.