Heavy traffic on A12 near Darsham after crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services have been called to the scene of a car having gone into a ditch on the A12 near Darsham
The incident happened at around 1.10pm on the section of road close to the A144 junction, and involved a Vauxhall Corsa having gone into a ditch.
A police spokesman said one woman was in the car and is uninjured, but emergency services are working to free her out of the vehicle.
It is understood the road is partially blocked and there is heavy traffic in both directions.
Four fire crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have been sent to the scene – one crew each from Aldeburgh, Leiston, Saxmundham and Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to use an alternative route while crews are at the scene, and allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners