Police appeal after armed men raid homes in Witham and Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating two ‘frightening’ burglaries in Essex where armed men broke into homes in Witham and Braintree.
Three men wearing masks and armed with hammers broke into an address in the Clarks Wood Drive area of Braintree at around 7.30pm on Friday, November 10, making off with jewellery and a phone.
The same night, three men armed with screwdrivers forced their way into a home in Howdridge Road at around 8pm.
They stole a handbag and jewellery.
Detective Inspector Kev Hughes said police were looking into whether the two burglaries were linked.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These were both frightening incidents for those involved.
“We are investigating whether they are linked due to how they were carried out, the time frame in which they took place, and the distance between two the properties.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“I need anyone who may has seen what happened or has any information about either incident to contact Braintree CID.
“No-one should face this kind of incident, let alone in their own home, and it is really important we find those responsible.”
If you have any information about these incidents please contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.