Police appeal after stolen car torched in street
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are appealing for information following a crime spree in Clacton, ending with a burned out car.
An address off of Reigate Avenue, on the outskirts of the town was broken into between 12am on Saturday, March 2 and 4.30am on Sunday, March 3.
After breaking into the property on the cul-de-sac, thieves searched the house and took car keys for a white Vauxhall Mokka, stealing the sports utility vehicle from the driveway.
The thieves’ joyride was cut abruptly short, with firefighters called to reports of the same car left abandoned and alight a one and a half miles away on Boxted Avenue in the west of the town just after 4.35am on the Sunday morning.
The identities and whereabouts of those involved in the crimes is currently unknown.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Clacton CID on 101, quoting reference 42/34012/19 or report anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Matchday Live: Palace visit Portman Road as fans return
- 10 Town expecting more than 6,000 fans for Crystal Palace friendly