Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury in Ixworth collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist suffered a serious leg injury following a collision in Ixworth.
At around 5.30pm on Saturday, April 7, a silver Peugeot Partner van travelling towards Bury St Edmunds collided with a blue Yamaha motorcycle coming the opposite direction on the A1088, at the roundabout leading to the A143.
A police spokeswoman said: “Paramedics attended and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with a serious leg injury.”
The A1088 was closed and diversions put in place while emergency services worked at the scene.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who may have information concerning the manner of driving of either of the vehicles beforehand to get in contact.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Roads Policing on 101 quoting incident number 305 from Saturday April 7.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's