‘Sentimental’ items including crucifix and oil painting stolen from north Essex churches
- Credit: SUPPLIED BY ESSEX POLICE
A crucifix and an oil painting were among the items stolen during two church burglaries in north Essex.
Police are appealing for help to find the objects taken from All Saints Church, in Middleton, and St Andrews Church, Abberton.
A coat of arms statue, brass book rests and brass jugs were also stolen during the burglaries on March 13 and March 29.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said the items were believed to have been sold at North Weald Market.
She added: “These items are of sentimental value of the both church communities.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Jack Morgan at Braintree Police Station on 101 quoting crime reference 42/43727/18 for St Andrews Church or 42/35647/18 for All Saints Church.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe