Man punched and kicked outside his home in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was punched and kicked outside his home in Newmarket.
Officers were called on the evening of Monday, December 3, to reports of the assault in Weston Way.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, the victim saw a group of men causing a disturbance near his car at around 8.40pm.
She said : “He went to investigate and was pushed over a hedge and then punched and kicked by one of the men.
“All three men then got back into their car and drove off in the direction of Fordham Road.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the suspects are described as black men, wearing dark clothing and baseball caps.
The victim sustained minor injuries and was very shaken as a result of the incident.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
Witnesses or anybody with any information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 69953/18.
Alternatively, call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.