Police appeal for four-by-four driver who may have witnessed serious Bulmer Tye crash to come forward
- Credit: citizenside.com
The driver of a small four-by-four who may have witnessed a serious collision in Bulmer Tye early this month is being asked to contact police.
The crash by the Bulmer Fox pub on the A131 at 6.15pm on December 16 saw a Vauxhall Astra collide with a single decker bus.
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her 30s from the Chelmsford area, suffered serious leg injuries and had to be cut free from her car before being taken to Colchester General Hospital.
There were no passengers on the bus and its driver was not injured. The road was closed until around 11pm that night whilst the vehicles were recovered.
Investigating officer Pc Joanne Jeggo, of Stanway roads policing unit, said: “I’m appealing for the driver of a small four-by-four, similar to a Honda RAV 4, to come forward.
“They may have crucial information that could help us investigate the circumstances leading up this collision.
“If you were on the road at the time and you drive a vehicle similar to the one described please contact me.”
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Anyone that can help is asked to contact Pc Jeggo at Stanway by calling Essex Police on 101.