Police appeal for four-by-four driver who may have witnessed serious Bulmer Tye crash to come forward
- Credit: citizenside.com
The driver of a small four-by-four who may have witnessed a serious collision in Bulmer Tye early this month is being asked to contact police.
The crash by the Bulmer Fox pub on the A131 at 6.15pm on December 16 saw a Vauxhall Astra collide with a single decker bus.
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her 30s from the Chelmsford area, suffered serious leg injuries and had to be cut free from her car before being taken to Colchester General Hospital.
There were no passengers on the bus and its driver was not injured. The road was closed until around 11pm that night whilst the vehicles were recovered.
Investigating officer Pc Joanne Jeggo, of Stanway roads policing unit, said: “I’m appealing for the driver of a small four-by-four, similar to a Honda RAV 4, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“They may have crucial information that could help us investigate the circumstances leading up this collision.
“If you were on the road at the time and you drive a vehicle similar to the one described please contact me.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
Anyone that can help is asked to contact Pc Jeggo at Stanway by calling Essex Police on 101.